CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

what did you do to your cbr-600F2 today??

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 01:48 PM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dayng sure I am, got a bum to pick with the guys! The next time I'll have track slicks under me though, I've heard some racers sell used tires that still have life in them, just gotta find someone that sells them.

Or does anyone know an international source to get some for cheap? Could buy them for a christmas present for my bike or sth

If I'll track it those double cans'll have to go too, when gunning it I'm noticing some roughness through the rev range that doesn't come up in road riding. A proper carb tune could help too but I got two left hands when it comes to that...

Last edited by Mattson; 08-09-2014 at 01:51 PM.
Old 08-13-2014, 04:16 PM
Welcome Crew and ROTY 2014
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mattson, another thing you might want to think about, is traveling on your own - maybe with one friend who could help out, but isn't riding... that way your day isn't cut short by other's misfortunes, but you'll have someone to help out in the event of you having an issue of some sort.

Old 08-13-2014, 11:08 PM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015

Probly gonna go alone or with one friend the next time if my neighbor wants to come for example. The track isn't that far from here so in case of something happening I believe I'm pretty safe. My father-in-law works in a grocery store on the other side of the same city.

Just found a very cool finnish forum/organization two days ago that organises track day courses to their members for free! Definetely gonna join and go to one of those course days the next summer. They also have a sales ad section where some racing drivers sell used tires they've used in one or two races, they should have pretty good life still in them. JNS any opinions on Pirelli Supercorsa:s? Should be pretty good?

That got me thinking if I'll be swapping the tires more often than before which would be more sensible solution, to buy a balance rig or get a fistful of those balace beans you throw into the tire?

Went for a little night ride yesterday to play a few photo challenge games on other forums. Let me tell you a really bad joke. The F2 high beam. Totally useless in rain blackened backwoods roads. I was doing 60km/h most of the time cause I didn't see for crap! Was cool to watch the thunder front in the other side of the fields though.

Last edited by Mattson; 08-13-2014 at 11:27 PM.
Old 08-14-2014, 03:06 PM

Went for another night ride since it`s still warm when dark.

-Hit a pothole that burned half of my gauge cluster lights, gotta take it apart in the near future.

-Had my first run-in with an animal (not counting insects) when a small bird hit my helmet, ears rang about five mins from the pop. Didn`t see the bird anymore but based on the severity and angle of impact presumably dead. Surpried there`s no gore in my helmet, probly cause it hit the visor.

Apart from the 674,449 small insects that is...

Old 08-14-2014, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator
Received 310 Likes on 254 Posts

When I was quite younger, as I was flying down a gravel road on my dual sport, a bird smacked me square in the chest. 100% cotton t-shirts don't make for good chest protectors so I had a bruise the size of a softball for a long time. Plus I wound up in the ditch from the impact.

Old 08-14-2014, 05:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Put in my new APE cct. Took all but 30 mins to do. Super easy. Also bought two slightly used batteries for 20 bucks a piece. Installed one in the f2 because my battery is dying or is dead. Hopefuly it's not my reg/rec frying the battery. It's only showing 14 volts @ 5000rpm. Anyways got a good deal on two batteries.

Last edited by colesdaddy02; 08-14-2014 at 06:01 PM.
Old 08-20-2014, 11:58 AM
Welcome Crew and ROTY 2014
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mattson
They also have a sales ad section where some racing drivers sell used tires they've used in one or two races, they should have pretty good life still in them. JNS any opinions on Pirelli Supercorsa:s? Should be pretty good?
The Supercorsas are the tire of choice for the 250 class in my organization, but I've never gotten any feedback on them as a track-day tire for a 600... I'm a Dunlop man all the way, and only run full race tires anyway, so I have no firsthand experience with them.

That got me thinking if I'll be swapping the tires more often than before which would be more sensible solution, to buy a balance rig or get a fistful of those balace beans you throw into the tire?
I posted on it, and you might have missed it, but I've decided against the beads from here on out, for track use, anyway... I went to the Dyna-Beads website, and found that they explicitly warn that they are not for high speed/race use, so I'm just balancing the rims the old fashioned way now!
For what it's worth, though, I had NO issues when running them, even at or near 140mph - I'm just heeding their warning, and not taking any chances.

-Hit a pothole that burned half of my gauge cluster lights, gotta take it apart in the near future.

-Had my first run-in with an animal (not counting insects) when a small bird hit my helmet, ears rang about five mins from the pop...
Ouch! That was a total CRAP ride!

Old 08-20-2014, 02:24 PM

I took a closer look at the classifieds section and turns out there`s so much track tires for sale you can freely choose make and model, better selection than most tire shops Pretty reasonable priced one-piece leathers too, might even get one of those if a good one comes by at the right size.

Well the track is very slow and technical so the only place where I can top 140km/h is the main straight and even there just the final meters. Gotta see about that later in the spring, right now money is so tight not even gonna think about things I don`t necessarily need.

Been meaning to go riding several days this week after work but every day when I get off from work it starts to rain. Today the minute I got home we got a pretty big halestorm with lightnings so so much for that ride...

Old 08-27-2014, 02:03 PM

Trying hard to find an accessible place to put a two-socket cigarette lighter power output. Man I'll tell you this thing is packed tighter than a stick of TNT... might need another advisory beer... got half the fairings off and still can't find a place... fitted a RAM mounts GPS holder to the handlebar earlier, planning to do the "one last big trip" before winter next sunday. Gonna wake up at 5am, the planned route is ATM almost 300km but it might still stretch another 100 if I'm going to my father-in-law's birthday straitht without going home first. Gotta need the satnav cause the roads I'll be taking are mostly new to me and don't want to get lost in the middle of nowhere.

Also signed in today to a "motorists against school bullying" -rally. They are touring around Finland and are coming to the city near me at monday a week and a half away. Still gotta take the day off from work tomorrow though.

Old 08-28-2014, 02:55 PM

Finished the job today after getting some loop type cable lugs to connect the wires to the battery. Also put a fuse holder next to the batt. Was a beach to find a place for the socket, even there only one of the two are useable as no plug will fit into the other but I doubt I`ll ever get to a situation where bot would be needed. The only reason I even put a two port connector there was that I already happened to have one. Gotta laove those RAM-mounts. Yes they are pricy BUT they are versatile, rugged, do not move once tightened proerly and are re-useable. I got a little box full of different bits and can construct just about any kind of a base from them, and if something`s missing I only have to order the one bit and re-use the rest from the old applications. I don`t intend to leave the ball into the handlebar for long but since I got all the bits I decided to build that for the sunday ride so I can concentrate to what`s important instead of navigating.

Made me chuckle a little at work today to think what kind of a person wakes up at 5am on sunday, the only day in the whole week when he could sleep, and don`t drink any beers at sat night so he would be at his best before sunrise to go sit on a motorised vehicle for hours on end to ride several hundreds of kilometers to go nowhere in particular and back home for no good reason?!

Oh, a biker!

Quick Reply: what did you do to your cbr-600F2 today??