Go Back   CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners > Past CBR Models > CBR 600F2
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-30-2010, 02:41 PM

doctordre85
Exclamation Reserve gas?

how do you know on the F2 which way the reserve gas **** is suppsoed to be when not in use and when to you use it?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on CBRForum!

2002 F4i

Votex Sprockets -2 front, +2 rear
two brothers exhaust
(more to come)
Old 05-30-2010, 02:58 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to kilgoretrout

Down is on, up is reserve, horizontal is off.
As far as "when you use it"... well, when you need the bike to be on, you use on. When you need reserve to get to a station, you use reserve!
I usually run it in on till it sputters, then I switch to reserve... or if I know I'm low on fuel and there is a station nearby I just fill up before then.

edit:
If you use the "search" feature and type in "reserve", our super cool F2 moderator (Sand.Man) included this in a FAQ.....
Quote:
UP - Reserve
Forward - Off
Down - On

Last edited by kilgoretrout; 05-30-2010 at 03:22 PM.. Reason: search reference
Old 05-31-2010, 03:02 AM
Official Welcome Crew Redneck

Send a message via AIM to Fearless4x4

When you go to the fill station, dont forget to move it back to the on position. you'll only forget it once. hehehe

<a href=http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu275/fearless4x4/IMG_1943.jpg target=_blank>http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/u...4/IMG_1943.jpg</a>
Old 06-01-2010, 12:41 PM

Do you guys turn it to off when you park your bike?
I never do it and never had any problems. I was told if you leave it on and parked, your heads could fill with gas and when you start it, it could go kaboom?
i presume there is a vacuum or something that would prevent gas from filling the heads all ***** nilly when the bike is off.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenBaconRanch View Post
Do you guys turn it to off when you park your bike?
I never do it and never had any problems. I was told if you leave it on and parked, your heads could fill with gas and when you start it, it could go kaboom?
i presume there is a vacuum or something that would prevent gas from filling the heads all ***** nilly when the bike is off.
I do turn it off every time, cuz I have removed the vacuum function so it acting like a regular on/off/res petcock
Old 06-01-2010, 04:43 PM
Official Welcome Crew Redneck

Send a message via AIM to Fearless4x4

I never shut mine off ona regular basis. Only when I knew it would sit for a few days. If I remember correctly, the f3s are more prone to gas leaking by. But if your petcock is in good condition, it shouldn't be a issue.

<a href=http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu275/fearless4x4/IMG_1943.jpg target=_blank>http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/u...4/IMG_1943.jpg</a>
Old 06-02-2010, 02:15 PM

i would go ahead and get in the habit of turning it off when you park the bike. for like more than a couple hours. better safe than sorry i guess
Old 06-03-2010, 05:48 AM

The only time i shut it off is during winter storage.
Otherwise I live the petcock on.

The petcock is vacuum controlled so as long as it is good condition
no fuel should flow to the carbs when engine is off.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:55 PM

I always have my bike on off until im ready to ride, and since I have a fuel filter in place due to a really bad rusty tank, I try to never get to reserve, seeing as it just sucks all the crap thats at the bottom of the tank right into the carbs. Even if I didnt have my tank problem, i would still want to avoid reserve just b/c of possibly taking all that junk from the bottom of your tank right into your carbs.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:31 AM

there is a filter around the fuel pickups inside your tank.... both. hence no inline filter. as for the on off dilemma, let me help you. your petcock is completely vacuum operated and will not suppl fuel to the fuel rails unless there is vacuum pressure on that smaller line (engine running). so, any time that your engine is off, the petcock stops fuel flow... unless it is leaking. p.s, it is impossible to cause the floatbowls to overfill with fuel unless the float height is bad.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:31 AM

Tags
1991, 1993, 600, cbr, direction, f2, filling, gas, honda, long, reserve, runs, spin, switch, turn