CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

CBR600 F2 road/race project info needed

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 10:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just saw a photo of Koko and now I get it - I am just missing some piece of plastic - anyone has an idea how it looks like ?

This is the F3 from google

Do you guy mean something like this piece ?

Last edited by kokal; 01-23-2017 at 10:18 PM.
Old 01-24-2017, 01:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ding Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner. If koko's homemade intake is not sealed to the F2 air box tubes, thats pointing down, then its not ram air. The F3 stuff you show is ram air. The skinny tubes hooked up to the front of the intake and run to to carbs, some of them pressurize the float bowls. The others are for the slow speed circuit which most F3 owners do away with, its not needed and simplifies stuff under the tank. But you need to keep the ones that pressurize the float bowls or once you get up to speed the bike acts like its running out of gas because the ram air pressure forces the fuel backwards unless there is equal pressure forcing the fuel from the bowl side. Also, if you look at a F2 with the upper fairing on it you can see the air intake on each side that would lead to those little round holes in the frame.
I wasnt trying to be a dick. I'm trying to save you from doing something that aint worth the time and effort, especially if its wrong. On a side note I see you still have the side stand on the bike which tells me you can go a whole lot faster cause once you do, the side stand will be dragging everywhere and need to be removed for safety. So with that being said you dont need more power yet. Question......are you still using factory oem foot pegs & brackets?

Old 01-24-2017, 02:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am guessing I should look for the red tube also - it seems there is some sensor on it - is that the TPS?

Also on racing - yes I still keep side stand because I use the bike for touring and still with OEM footpegs which i scrape every turn - second pair now in use. I am gonna go for raised ones - I have a friend engineer and we are both gonna work on some adjustable footpegs and maybe try to sell some

Old 01-24-2017, 12:24 PM

You dont need the slow speed circuit (under 20 kmh) but you need the high speed circuit (over 20 kmh). Somewhere in the F3 section it explains how to get rid of and re-arrange those hoses. The thing in the pic the 2 hoses are going into and 1 hose coming out of is the electric thing that switches between low speed and high speed based on a signal from the speedometer, which can be eliminated. You need to go to the F3 section and investigate for exact details. The TPS is actually mounted on the left side of the carbs on the F3. If you look at carbs on ebay you can see the TPS. F2 dont have TPS. As far as adjustable foot pegs, ebay has brackets for $40 that moves the stock brackets up and back a little and comes with a extension for the shifting rod.

Old 01-26-2017, 03:41 PM

There was another fella that did the ram air on a F2 that I read about a while back on "Musclecross" site or something like that. He got the ram air to work but only when the fuel tank was more than 1/2 full (or 1/2 empty, haha). He thought that because he didnt have a fuel pump like a F3 was the reason. The "head" pressure of a full tank kept the fuel from being forced backwards until the was about 1/2 tank, then the bike acted like it was running out of fuel.