CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

About to under go heavy fab and mod job on 92f2 to f4i subframe,tail and body

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 05:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default About to under go heavy fab and mod job on 92f2 to f4i subframe,tail and body

Hey guys new two this forum this is my second post but this is a great place . I have seen and read quite a few threads on tail swaps and f2-f4/I/rr body swaps and love how they come out so a few weeks ago I decided to do it to my 92 f2 and do other mods as well that just kinda make it unique and just the ultimate f2 , so I am going to start soon just kinda want to decide what new dash to go with because I read the cockpit space is smaller and I don't want the f4i dash cuz I want my speedo and I'm planning on putting a 929rr usd forks so from what I read my best bet is to go aftermarket like trail tech, koso, or danmoto I believe, so any input on choosing which one would be greatly appreciated cuz I'm ready to order one , I really like the lost the best so any reviews on that verse the other would help, but so far I have f4i stay brackets, f4i headlights, 02 f4i subframe and seats( cuz I don't want to toy with making a bunch of ugly brackets to fit that tail and seats on my f2 subframe so I'm just cutting my subframe and tabbing it with some sort of sleeve tab design so it is just straight forward puttin the tail on and so I have my little passenger seat trunk as well), and I have a brand new set of 01 f4i unpainted fairings , originally I was kinda just 50/50 on just doing tail swap but most tails that where in good condition on eBay were about $120 and I found a brand new tail with the whole set for a steal of 165 so that settled it I am doing full f4i body mod, and then I got new style passenger pegs and some various gold billet parts as well , and I have a fox twin clicker that I am going to put on it during this whole conversion, so all I need for now is to get a dash so please help me decide!! And then in the near future I'm going to get 929 forks and 954 wheel I believe, I already ordered gold break lines for the 929 cuz I found a deal for 30 so I swooped them up early to hold on too, but ya please give me your input guys, I dealt what I'm planning is to document this in the simplest way possible so that it will help others that want to tackle this transformation on there f2 and if possible ( no promises but I'm really going to try my best) to create some sort of kit that u just need to drill holes to attach what imthing is some sort of sleeve to go over the base of your f2 subframe which has some sort of square sleeved tabs on the other end to just straight bold your new subframe too so basically weld together some sort of sleeve tab sub structure that way those who want to do a fairly easy tail swap can just cut there sub frame off where I specify and the. Just sleeve my little sub structure of some sort over there f2 subframe base drill holes to match the pre drilled on the sub structure and then just bolt up there new subframe to the sort of square sleeved tabs is what I'm thinking as of now on design and maybe have a a couple different tab holes so u can choose what angle u want your tail at, but ya it's an idea in progress and is just going to take some hands on trial and error but I feel like someone should make something like this to save a huge hassle on what seems to be a pretty popular mod among f2's, please give me input ,ideas and encouragement !

Old 07-23-2016, 12:16 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your bike is so super clean, why hack it up? I understand the urge to modify is sometimes hard to resist but.............Just my .02.

Old 07-23-2016, 02:04 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I'd just weld tabs for the F4i subframe to mount to. Its the cleanest way to accomplish what you want, and works as intended...

Post pics!

Good luck!

Old 07-23-2016, 10:07 PM
July 2013 ROTM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The ultimate f2 is an unmolested F2 imo.. in stock trim the F2 is a beautiful bike butt I can appreciate a good project as well ..as for a gauge cluster I use a Trail Tech on my off road bike The Vapor model It has tachometer speedometer and temperature easy set-up easy hook-up that's probably your best bet and not that badly priced either

Old 07-27-2016, 11:18 PM

Ok did the tail swap to the f4i split tail today and it came out awesome, I also ordered a trail tech vapor and the dash for it a few days ago and received it today and had a few questions about the dash that surrounds it, so it has 4 indicator lights and the top two I'm using for blinkers and then bottom two are for neutral and oil? What about my high beam ? Will I just not have a light for that? Or do I do oil and high beam , and then the tt vapor says neutral on the main computer?

Old 07-28-2016, 07:44 PM
July 2013 ROTM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You have 4 to choose from.. I would definitely use one for oil and them figure out what's more important to you

Old 08-09-2016, 05:42 PM

Some pics

Attached Thumbnails About to under go heavy fab and mod job on 92f2 to f4i subframe,tail and body-image.jpeg   About to under go heavy fab and mod job on 92f2 to f4i subframe,tail and body-image.png  
Old 08-09-2016, 05:46 PM

More progress

Attached Thumbnails About to under go heavy fab and mod job on 92f2 to f4i subframe,tail and body-image.jpeg  
Old 08-09-2016, 05:47 PM

Trail tech mounted

Attached Thumbnails About to under go heavy fab and mod job on 92f2 to f4i subframe,tail and body-image.jpeg  
Old 08-09-2016, 05:50 PM

Had my fox tc sitting for a few weeks finally had time to install, night and day difference well worth the money

Attached Thumbnails About to under go heavy fab and mod job on 92f2 to f4i subframe,tail and body-image.png  

Quick Reply: About to under go heavy fab and mod job on 92f2 to f4i subframe,tail and body