Newely purchased CBR 1000 leaking gas?

Old 03-25-2017, 04:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newely purchased CBR 1000 leaking gas?

Hello fellow Honda riders! About two months ago I purchased my cbr 1000rr, have had no issues with the bike up until now. Bike is 2006 model. Around 2-3 weeks ago I put the bike away in the garage due to some cold weather/snow rolling through. At that time the only thing I had noticed was a slight coolant leakout which had me check my levels and they were almost empty so I filled her up and have had no leaks since than. Now the weather has gotten nice again so I pulled the bike out and rode up to gas station as for my last ride the gas light came on. I proceeded to fill my tank, went in and bought an redbull and came back to my bike leaking gas! Now before everyone says it no it was not leaking from the overflow tube, I could not see exactly where the leak was coming from but I could see the gas trickling down the side of my engine/misc places. I did ride home real quick since I lived about 200 yards from the gas station, on the ride home the red malfunction indicator light was on. I parked the bike ontop of cardboard and had to run to make it to work in hope that the leak would stop. Came home to the cardboard soaked. Now there is still gas inside of the tank, I would say maybe 1/8 full? The process I am taking to find the leak is removing all the fairings and plastics and I will lift the tank and look for leaks in hoses or disconnections. I have gotten all the plastics off but I have ran into an issue with the tank, their are two bolts on on each side of the tank that seem to connect the tank to the frame. These bolts seem to be stronger than hulk because everything I have tried to loosen these bolts does not seem to work and I am getting a bit nervous that I will strip the bolt soon. I am using a 5mm T allen wrench, I have tried hitting the bolts with WD40, I have tried applying minor heat via hair dryer ( I don't have a heat gun) nothing seems to work and the bolt doesn't seem to have budged. Does anyone have any suggestions on getting the bolt free and is there anyway someone can verify my thought process on finding the issue with my bike? The reason I bought used was so I could work on the bike and start to learn more about repairs, I don't want to have to take the easy road out and take it to a dealership if I don't have to.