building a cbr gokart need help!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 09:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default building a cbr gokart need help!!

hi everyone im new to the site and have a couple of questions!!

im building a go kart with a cbr1000rr motor on it. i was wondering what i can cut off of the wiring harness and what isnt necessary for the motor to run?? also where could get a good picture of where the wires go and where all the wiring connections are!! im a automotive mechanic so i never have messed with a bike before so all and any help would be helpful!!!

thanks

Old 08-04-2011, 07:44 PM

thanks buddy i really didnt know where to go to get info one building a cbr kart!! lol but yea its gona be crazy!!! when i got the motor i got it after it was disassembled (motor with all sensors, wiring harness, fuel tank, and a crap load of electrical stuff that plugs in some where) since its going onto a go kart i dont need all the streetable stuff (lights,speedo,ect.), and if there is anything that i can loose great less wire make me happy!!!!! also last night i was trying to plug up the harness and noticed there is a round vacuum valve deal with a rod out one side?? what is this and where does it go??

thanks!!!

Old 08-04-2011, 07:58 PM

O yes another question will running straight headers harm the valves??

Old 08-04-2011, 09:31 PM

Pics!

Old 08-05-2011, 01:17 AM

even though there are certain items you don't need with the wiring harness, you will need most of it. About the only thing you won't need are the light hookups. Im not 100 percent certain, but a lot of bikes require the gauge cluster to be installed. The cluster acts as a data collection tool for the ecu. The 1000RR may or may not be one those bikes. If it is, you will have to have a custom ecu made for it if you don't want the gauge cluster. Also, you will have to bypass the bank angle sensor. You will have a mini harness that is attached to the main harness. This mini harness goes to the headlights, blinkers and gauge. The 3 wire plug will be on the mini harness and this goes to the bas. I'm not sure of the colors. If the BAS is still on the wiring harness, it is a small saftey sensor that has an up arrow molded into the side of it. Its has an odd shape, kind of a half circle that forms into a rectangle. If this sensor is not hooked up, the fuel pump will not work. Also, it may kill spark to the plugs as well.

Straight headers really shouldn't burn the valves as long as they are long enough and far enough away from the exhaust ports. But the engine will not perform very well unless you do a custom map on the ecu. These engines are tuned with a certain amount of backpressure. Plus, it will be plenty loud with an aftermarket can on it. Open headers will be rediculously loud. Plus, it should perform better with a tuned exhaust. A tuned exhuast will actually scavenge the next exhaust pulse and pull it along. this can actually create a better situation for performance and smoothness. The last thing you want with a cart that has a 1000cc engine in it is for it to be peaky. Your going to want the power as linear as you can get it. Your going to have enough trouble putting the power down. You don't want it unpredictable.

Do you have a pic of this odd vacuum deal?

Old 08-05-2011, 09:35 AM
Old 08-05-2011, 10:01 AM
Banned

in for pics

Old 08-05-2011, 11:14 AM

i challenge this guy to actually build it, quit talkin start wrenchin

Quick Reply: building a cbr gokart need help!!