CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

power about right??

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 05:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no surgery although i did have my gull blatter takin out a couple months ago lol, no drilling holes lol, i would like a after market exhaust though.. and jet kit.. all honesty been looking at the busa turbo, so i can leave mine stock...just want to see what i can get this bike to do..

Old 04-23-2012, 05:58 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ah well then if your holding out for the Busa Turbo - why mess too much with purrfection eh ?

Old 04-23-2012, 10:38 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

power about right??-1969jochenrindt3uu2.jpg
Originally Posted by kiwi TK
Now you're really getting into the esoteric world of drag racing. Don't forget to drill holes in everything. "Adding lightness" as Colin Chapman used to call it.
As an old Colin Chapman, Lotus and Jim Clark fan,. I should say that there is thing as going too light. Ask Jochen Rindt

Last edited by wooferdog; 04-23-2012 at 11:01 PM.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:37 AM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP

Originally Posted by wooferdog
Attachment 19099

As an old Colin Chapman, Lotus and Jim Clark fan,. I should say that there is thing as going too light. Ask Jochen Rindt
Rhetorical statement, a bit like "ask Ayrton Senna if he's comfortable with the shock placement". But it's good to see someone that understands where I'm coming from.

Adding lightness should only ever be done in association with someone who is well qualified to do so. Even then, there is always a point where something will break and they will nod sagely and say "No, we've gone too far with that, we need to fill that hole back in"

As the driver/rider lies bleeding on the ground.

Last edited by kiwi TK; 04-24-2012 at 05:58 AM.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:33 AM

what are you guys gearing thes down too one tooth enough?? also cause i drilled holes in my stock exhaust do i need to rejet? i have a wideband in my gtp that i could make work on my bike to see where im at with fueling.. how do these bikes like spray??

Old 04-24-2012, 11:21 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think Ayrton would most certainly say the the shock placement was less than satisfactory.

Old 04-24-2012, 03:04 PM
Senior Member & Lord of the Odometer (300,000 Mles) & Counting

Originally Posted by chevychevelle291
what are you guys gearing thes down too one tooth enough??... I always go up 3 in the rear from stock I do not like smaller front sprockets as they tend to wear out drive chains faster , but you need a longer chain, I keep it a spare just for this.

also cause i drilled holes in my stock exhaust do i need to rejet? .. Most likely they are mostly rich from the factory everywhere but uptop, start at 130s mains

i have a wideband in my gtp that i could make work on my bike to see where im at with fueling.. will help with tuning

how do these bikes like spray... I have run 30hp, & 50hp, on a stock engine with no problems just make sure you never go lean,& use good noids Also how many runs do you want to make plus you better be towing it as the more runs and bigger shot the more chances of going boom??
Dub

Last edited by CBR1988; 04-24-2012 at 03:20 PM.
Old 04-24-2012, 04:52 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

power about right??-220px-rollie_free-_record_run.jpgHere's to adding lightness

Seriously though. Any weight saved anywhere it can be, is good. Also there's the question of aerodynamics. The bike's fairing has a large opening in front for air to get in, but not many openings for air to get out and that dustbin front fender can't be helping much. I say lose the fenders and the lowers.

If you want to go to extremes before you go extremely extreme and add juice. Ditch the water cooling and associated plumbing. We're talking 1/4 mile, not interstate. Run it cold

Old 04-24-2012, 08:27 PM

lol thanks for all the imput.. i want to drive it there.. the thing is, my brothers ta is going to be there i built the motor runs 11.6 on motor.. i know its faster now with the work i did to it over the winter for him.. so i would like to get my bike low 11s if possable.. i found one of the front sprockets the guy gave me with the bike i looked it up stock is 17 this one in my hand is a 14 could i just throw that one on or would the chain and rear sprocket not work or to low geared..

Old 04-24-2012, 10:28 PM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP

Originally Posted by chevychevelle291
i found one of the front sprockets the guy gave me with the bike i looked it up stock is 17 this one in my hand is a 14 could i just throw that one on or would the chain and rear sprocket not work or to low geared..
Don't forget to lean well forward when you dump the clutch.Yep it will be low geared but you won't be exploring the ultimate top end in that first 1/4 mile anyway so what the hell.

I used to mess with front and rear sprocket combos alot back in the day when I had mx bikes.

And BTW Wooferdog, nice work on the Rollie pic. I wonder how many of us on board here will instantly recognize it for what it is (the worlds ballsiest rider ever) and how many will have to go look that up?

I suspect, given the average age of people that frequent the Hurricane area, that most will just know.

Last edited by kiwi TK; 04-25-2012 at 02:35 AM.

Quick Reply: power about right??