CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

New tire time..

Old 09-03-2010, 10:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New tire time..

I have a 91 1000f. I need a new rear tire yesterday, but it looks like it will have to wait a week until pay day. Should I go with this one:

http://www.nextag.com/Michelin-Pilot...48/prices-html

or this one:

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produc...utm_medium=cse

????????

I have a bridgestone battlax bt021, which according to a majority of the responses on a site I was looking at, is almost the worst tire ever! My front tire is a michelin pilot.

Old 09-03-2010, 11:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Either would be a great tyre* . It all depends on your needs, riding style and budget. Option one is what I'm running atm, and will continue to run. Option two will probably give even more grip but would probably wear out quicker.

Do a tyre search on this site, set down a case of beer next to you and don't plan to go anywhere for a couple of days while you read on, and on and on....

* Note to moderator: If you read this Dylan it IS tyre not tire, thats when you run out of energy)

Old 09-04-2010, 06:19 AM

I use michelin pilot road. They work great for all kinds of weather and a seldom track day.

Old 09-04-2010, 08:35 AM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY
Talking

+1 Dave

Old 09-04-2010, 09:38 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nothing wrong with either tire, really. The Pilot Road is a single compound that's harder than the pilot power. The road will last longer, the power will grip a bit more.
There's also the pilot road 2, which is a dual compound that's harder in the middle and softer on the sides. That's what I'm using, but they're a little more expensive. Great tire, tho.

And don't mind Dave.... he's a little backwards and upside down..... lol.

Old 09-04-2010, 09:58 AM

I stand by tires , Avon storm st ultra2

Also you might want to get the same brand , as different brand have different properties, for example, they will warm up at a different pace.

Old 09-05-2010, 05:38 PM

Correction: It's the dual compound 'Road 2' that I use too.

"backwards and upside down" eh??....Fair point.

Old 09-05-2010, 06:55 PM

Just noticed my front tire I had put on last year is the pilot road 2 so I guess I'll try to get the same for the rear. Thanks for the advice guys! Can't wait to see what a quality tire feels like down there!

Old 09-08-2010, 11:34 AM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........

Originally Posted by Jnymack123
Just noticed my front tire I had put on last year is the pilot road 2 so I guess I'll try to get the same for the rear. Thanks for the advice guys! Can't wait to see what a quality tire feels like down there!
A matched pair is probably the best, though I've used different brands for a while during change over.

The new tyre will feel great, I LOVE getting new tyres on the old girl, sharpens up the handling and boosts the confidence no end! (after scrubbing in of course). Trying to time it so I can change the front and rear at the beggining of next season, new boots at both ends would be great!!!

Old 09-11-2010, 12:44 AM

Just got a michelin pilot road 2 wrapped around my rear wheel!! So far so good! Haven't REALLY tested it out yet because I'm still breakin her in (about 50 miles on her as of now), but the guys at the Honda shop said I wouldn't be disappointed and pointed out that handeling in rain should be great compared to the old bridgestone I had on her. They charged me 140 bucks retail for the tire (great deal imo), but 100 bucks for labor, weights, etc (not so great imo). I'm broke til next payday, but I think its worth it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New tire time..