CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Most embarassing moment

Old 03-24-2008, 08:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Most embarassing moment

One morning I couldn't start my bike, so I called my neighbour, who came by had a look and then put the emergency-stop-switch in the "run" position...
I had inadvertently put in into stop...
This embarassing error equals the moment when I couldn't start my new-bought car - it was an automatic and I hadn't put it in the "P"-position...

Old 03-24-2008, 08:27 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Most embarassing moment

Good one, CosmoBob !
I had only returned to biking recently, and rode my old XJ900 Yamaha down to the meeting place...the bike started to misfire......and I thought.."what the h...l is going on ?"
I put the bike on the sidestand, and walked around it a couple of times, took out a plug, put it back,then saw that there was no oil in the sight glass - HORRORS ! Walked 2 Kilo's to a garage, bought 11/2 liters of oil, put I litre in, still no oil, then I realised
1 Bike on sidestand = no oil in sightglass
2 Switch to reserve fuel, wait 10 seconds......
Started bike, totally embarrassed, rode home and drained 1 litre of oil back out of the bike....[X(]

Old 03-24-2008, 08:36 AM

I had inadvertently hit the kill switch on my first bike and ended up calling a tow to get it back home. Gratefully the tow person didn't know about kill switches either.

Old 03-24-2008, 08:37 AM

try looking for the horn button when you need it!!!!

Old 03-24-2008, 08:58 AM

Way to go guys

Oddly, the first story that springs into my mind took place something like 18 years ago to the day! It was a sunny Easter Monday and I had owned by new CBR6 for about 7 weeks. Got kitted up but the bike broke down a few miles into the ride. I had to push the %^&&(* machine home. Had to then push the ^*&amp(*) machine to the bike shop the next day (another 2 miles).

Called in to the bike shop later that day. The mechanic has a big smile on his face. Hands me the keys and said I owed him for a tankful of %^&*(_) petrol. [:@][:@][:@] I will NEVER forget the sensation of the ^&**(()( fuel tank running dry!!!

[]

Old 03-24-2008, 09:49 AM

Love these stories!

Old 03-24-2008, 10:53 AM

just little dumb things.
happens to us all.
At least you didnt lit a match and looked into the gas tank...was a local story.lol, the guy was fine but he didnt remmeber why he lit a match to look into the gas tank

Old 03-24-2008, 11:07 AM

The most embarrassing situation on bike for me was at a track day (also mentioned in an old post). When I drove out from the tech inspection, with the helmet hung on the right mirror, it locked up the front brake and the bike went right to ground (with me under it…). It happened so damn quick that I didn't realize the reason for dining dust until later. Well, the CBR 1000 F showed its strength during the day and everything was just fine except for some pain in the chest that was hit by the left bar.

Old 03-24-2008, 02:03 PM

This goes back a long ways...I'm not sure which bike it was, either my first road bike, a Kwak 500 2 stroke, or my 2nd bike, aKwak KZ900.Whichever bike, ithad the air duct leading to the air filter under the seat. I used to like to keep a small rag or two under the seat. I didn't know at the time what that opening under the seat was for. One day I figured that opening was a good spot to store a rag in, so I stuffed one in. Well, the bike as best I recall, lost a lot of power, so I worked my way over to the dealer where I purchased the bike. I explained what I was experiencing to Mr. DiSimone, the general manager. He took a look under the seat, and immediately yanked the rag out of the air duct. The look on his face made me feel like such a fool[&o]... he kept my rag, also.

Old 03-24-2008, 02:20 PM

Nice one Roger! Probably a good job he kept that rag mate!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Most embarassing moment