CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Kicking myself pretty hard on this one

Old 08-12-2012, 10:20 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kicking myself pretty hard on this one

A few moths ago when I laid the ol girl over I had to order a new timing pulse rotor( I think it's called) in short I fu-**d up and ordered an 91 model and I own a 94. I'm new to all this and relize I f-Ed up so what I'm asking is how bad did I mess up and what prOblems this may have caused. Any advise is much appreciated

Old 08-13-2012, 02:55 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Firstly I've never heard of a timing rotor ever giving any trouble - I had my bike land on that side after being knocked off - what or who told you the timing rotor was suspect ?

Second, I don't think there's any difference in the rotors between the years you mentioned, even though they may have different part numbers. All the gaskets etc etc fit both years only the fairings and lights are a different shape........

What symptoms do you have ? - probably not rotor related at all IMHO.

Old 08-13-2012, 11:00 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Shadow
Firstly I've never heard of a timing rotor ever giving any trouble - I had my bike land on that side after being knocked off - what or who told you the timing rotor was suspect ?

Second, I don't think there's any difference in the rotors between the years you mentioned, even though they may have different part numbers. All the gaskets etc etc fit both years only the fairings and lights are a different shape........

What symptoms do you have ? - probably not rotor related at all IMHO.
Well when closely examined you'll see the timing marks aren't the same an also the 91 and 94 are different part numbers. I've been through he'll trying to get everything in top shape and never een considered this when I ordered my parts last.. Not saying its not me thts wrong just my thoughts

Old 08-13-2012, 12:43 PM
Banned

Sorry shadow just realized you had already said the part numbers were different... Ehhhh compared the old one to the 91 part the first tooth on the 91 is separated from the marks more than the 94 was. The third mark does lineup with the correct mark off the 94 though... Again thanks for advise just wondering if this would cause any performance differences

Old 08-13-2012, 11:21 PM

No problem
As I've never had to mess with that specific part on the bike I don't know.
It's my understanding that the cams etc are the same,(I can't vouch for this, as I've never had two sets of cams side by side to compare them)) I can't see there being any reason for the marks being different, unless the factory changed the ignition/cam timing for some reason from one Model to the next......what goes on in the minds of the Honda engineers is a mystery to me (and many others) I suspect - for example why they stopped making the 1000F's in 96 - ?

Maybe it'll be faster now, EVERYONE knows the Mk2 was the fastest of the lot..........HEHE

Old 08-15-2012, 04:10 AM
Banned

Lol def not I think if anything it slightly slowed the timing cuz the night I laid her over she had never run better and now I constantly feel it's not giving me nearly the power I used to have but I still new to rejet with the mods I've done.
I'll try to post some pics of the 2 rotors blown up to see if you can notice the difference... I'm surprised no one else has commented though... Guess it's another unsolved mystery

Old 08-15-2012, 09:42 AM

I'm surprised no one else has commented though... Guess it's another unsolved mystery

Yours is the first bike I've heard of to ever have a problem with this.
Sorry, can't be of more help but it's not an area I've ever had to work in.

I still new to rejet with the mods I've done.

Maybe the mods have slowed it down ?
It's been known to happen.

Old 08-15-2012, 05:46 PM
Banned

Ya I know im at loss man... I wish I would have stayed stock with everything honestly.but now it seems hopeless.