CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

First real road trip

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 10:53 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Hey Warner, there may be some confusion on our part. The New England Highway Gazz is referring to, I believe is the one in Australia. I thought the same thing, how could he fly into LA and be riding around in New England?

Old 07-22-2016, 01:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TimBucTwo
Hey Warner, there may be some confusion on our part. The New England Highway Gazz is referring to, I believe is the one in Australia. I thought the same thing, how could he fly into LA and be riding around in New England?
Hahaha....could be!

Warner

Old 07-22-2016, 06:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Confusion

Yes a bit of confusion, the New England Highway is in Australia and pretty much runs up the eastern inland side of the country on top of what is called The Great Dividing Range.

To do away with confusion we live in Australia and holiday every couple of years in America.

The rides on and around the New England area in Australia can be great and heaps of history tucked away in some out of the way places.

Yesterday seen us as ride out to a place called Cabalah, this little place and really blink and you will miss it has an old Tavern and on the door it has its name "Farmers' Arms" Queenslands oldest surviving hotel, licensed 1863. The food was great, it wasn't modern hardly anything on the plate, it was order what you want as the basis and then a huge bufett of all you can eat veges and salads. Certainly came away with a full belly.

I have heard of the Tail of the Dragon , the trip is still in the planning mode and as we find things we want to see we just add them in. I think the wife is also wanting to catch the Trail of Lights I think it's called.

All in all we are looking forwRd to seeing a lot more this time but I guess it will again depend on the weather as its always winter when we come over and the snow falls determine where we can get to

Attached Thumbnails First real road trip-image.jpeg  
Old 07-22-2016, 09:05 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Hey gazz, look me up next time your in Anaheim. I'm close to there.... Really close.

Old 07-22-2016, 09:18 PM

Will do mate and likewise if you ever find yourself coming this way, were only a couple of hours away from Brisbane.
We have found the Marriott Residence Inn to be really handy to use as a base and the general manager there has been the same one since we first stayed with them back in 2003.
We had thought of possibly renting a house for three months as a base but haven't fully decided on the hange as yet.

Old 07-22-2016, 10:41 PM

I'd love to get down there someday. There are a few members I'd like to visit with that call Australia home.

Old 07-22-2016, 11:10 PM

It's easy to take for granted what we have here but there really are some amazing rides to be had.
One of my most memorable and favourite is 'The Great Ocean Road' if you google it even just seeing what it has to offer makes your mouth water. It runs along the coastline and encompasses what is called 'The Twelve Apostles' even though some of the rock formations have collapsed it is still extremely breathtaking with its views.
We have done quite a lot of the out of the way roads and tracks, one of which brought us from Western Australia through the centre passed a place called the Docker River into the back of another group of huge rocks called The Olga's then into the western side of Uluru
We were stopped by police out there as they just wanted to say hello as nobody ever goes out there. It's all roads or really tracks as its all dirt through aboriginal reserves.
I've hoped to hear from some other Aussie members but as yet there hasn't been any response. I had a response from a Kiwi member and hope to get some sort of cbr get together happening.
I guess it is extremely affordable for travel from the states over here especially with the constant dollar value being in your favour so if you do find yourself heading this way certainly look is up for some Australian hospitality.

Old 07-23-2016, 12:07 AM

There are a bunch of Aussie and NZ members. Sebastian bear is, although he is in Vietnam at the moment. I'm sure he knows more of the guys, I just can't remember.

Then there is teeks.... KiwiTK

Old 07-23-2016, 02:58 AM

It would be good to catch up with some Aussies with cbr's.
There is a lot of knowledge held in every bodies experiences and it's great to share that knowledge
My two buys, one being 19 the other 11 are both keen on their bikes and it's been an ongoing job getting vehicle, boat and bike knowledge firmly implanted in their minds.
I actually bought a set of Stainless steel Laser exhausts for my cbr1000ft and came home the following day to find both boys sitting on the garage floor fitting my exhausts. Don't have to tell you how proud I was. Both not only doing it but working together on something they both enjoy.
They like their 4wdrives and boats and bikes big time and love the outdoors.
Have to say I'm one happy dad

Old 07-24-2016, 12:07 AM
Welcome Crew
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

And if anyone does visit Oz don`t forget the south island most of Tassie`s roads make the great ocean road look like a freeway and no copper around every bend.

Just make sure you come on the 2 days of the year when it does not rain!

Quick Reply: First real road trip