CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Corbin seat

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 10:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corbin seat

I finally got my new seat from Corbin. It took a month and a half to arrive but when I ordered it they said it would be 2-3 weeks! It doesn't fit very well, very hard to get on the bike, the petcock position ring won't go on yet so I'll have to do some grinding and cutting to make it work. Their customer service is about the worst that I've ever seen. They have e-mail addresses for various departments but they have never responded to any of my querys concerning my seat. Very aggravating!!!![:@]
On the plus side it does fit me like a glove and is truly beautifull. I'm going to call them to complain but I doubt if it will do any good. Has any else ever had any dealings with them? What would you all recommend?

Old 07-07-2006, 02:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Corbin seat

What gets me is their prices! my other ride is a Honda Valkyrie - I bought my Corbin driver and rider seats through Honda Direct line for about 25% less than what Corbin sells them for - when Corbin dropped HDL as a distributor, I was forced to pay $199 for a stinkin sissy bar pad! HDL had that same item listed for a hundred bucks, wished I had bought it from them. I was considering trying a driver backrest for long rides, but they want $269!!! to me that is totally outrageous. I think they dumped HDL so they could be the only game in town.

Old 07-10-2006, 02:41 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Corbin seat

I orders a seat online and called them just after doint it. They pulled my order and I had my seat in three days. I ordered petcock ring from a bike shop rather than trying to remove mine. I had to re-drill the seat because the lower right hole was off. Be careful because that ring was only ment to go on one way and the posts will be off if roteted wrong. Because the seat was thicker than stock I had to screw the ring on. I used some screws that I had from when I removed my storm windows from the house. The post are hollow and they did the trick. The seat is harder to put on by design. They don't want it to slide around so the catch is small.

I went to e-bay and got an installation kit and 7X7 inch sissy bar pad. Kit was $14 and bar and pad was $89 US.