CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Which colour

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 11:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which colour

Hi all

Whilst the weather is crappy, and the rain persistent, I have brought the fairings inside to asses the damage and decide what to do with them.

Most of the damage I have found is to screw holes, brackets etc and should be repairable.

Now, the previous owner painted the wheels gold, the engine covers that poke through the fairing gold, and the fairing black. Its not a bad job, but was probably done a whole ago, and is now looking tired.

A friend of mine who does car respraying has said he will happily spray them for me, the question is, what colours/Design?

Any thoughts?

Old 02-21-2014, 07:28 AM
Welcome Crew

well Alexanderfitu, that is a question, when i had my 88 re-sprayed it took me a while to come up with the colours, what year is your bike as this may help with your decision, i didnt want my ol girl looking to garish if you now what i mean , have a search on pictures of cbr1000 f`s and have a look through the albums on this site for some ideas, i like the rc30 paint scheme myself

Attached Thumbnails Which colour-download.jpg  

Last edited by wheelnut; 02-21-2014 at 07:31 AM.
Old 02-22-2014, 03:10 PM

If it was me i'd be looking going for an original 1kf paint scheme or style, or something in a traditional / classic Honda style. As wheelnut said, the RC30 is nice and classic.

I saw a cbr1100xx blackbird for sale a while back with a cb1100r classic paint job which looked great.

Old 02-23-2014, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by wheelnut
well Alexanderfitu, that is a question, when i had my 88 re-sprayed it took me a while to come up with the colours, what year is your bike as this may help with your decision, i didnt want my ol girl looking to garish if you now what i mean , have a search on pictures of cbr1000 f`s and have a look through the albums on this site for some ideas, i like the rc30 paint scheme myself
Mines a 1990. I like the RC30 scheme too. It depends on it I want to go with something completely different or try and make it original.

The problem with restoring to original colours, is that I have to find stickers for the fairings etc, and to get it right will be a lot harder.

Seing as the scheme has already been decided by the previous owner (Gold and black) I might go down restoring this job to a gleaming condition, re-painting the black and gold. Im not sure yet

Old 02-23-2014, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by cbr_lover
If it was me i'd be looking going for an original 1kf paint scheme or style, or something in a traditional / classic Honda style. As wheelnut said, the RC30 is nice and classic.

I saw a cbr1100xx blackbird for sale a while back with a cb1100r classic paint job which looked great.
True, Classic style would really match the bike I think

Old 02-23-2014, 11:22 AM
Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Each to their own eh !! Given the chance I`d go radical rather than traditional. Be a shepherd and not a sheep. It doesn`t have to be mad, just different. Best of luck mate

Old 02-23-2014, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by wes 17
Each to their own eh !! Given the chance I`d go radical rather than traditional. Be a shepherd and not a sheep. It doesn`t have to be mad, just different. Best of luck mate
I might try and elaborate on the scheme its already in as it looks quite good.

Old 03-08-2014, 03:45 PM

You can,t go wrong with the CBR's most used colours Trough the years, black and red, eahc gen of CBR's , that can be a 600-900-95410rr or 1KF except for the XX have had a black and red scheme, i think the 1990 red and black is the most beautiful one.

Old 03-09-2014, 05:33 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DragonCBR
You can,t go wrong with the CBR's most used colours Trough the years, black and red, eahc gen of CBR's , that can be a 600-900-95410rr or 1KF except for the XX have had a black and red scheme, i think the 1990 red and black is the most beautiful one.
You mean this one?

Whoring time me-thinks

Name:  51000009.jpg
Views: 2460
Size:  482.6 KB

Old 03-10-2014, 03:18 AM

Gotta admit when I got my 88 it had been pretty badly biffed so virtually every panel was damaged in one way or another so I basically repaired then painted all panels in a darkish gunmetal(that I had left over from another project) and left the wheels red had CBR, Honda etc decals made up in silver and now she looks superficially like a Ducati of around that period.
Still goes and sounds like a loud Honda though but it owes me bug---all and is a awesome ride.
Nowhere near as original and pristine as Kiwi TK's but I still love it to bits.

Quick Reply: Which colour