CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Aftermarket screen

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 12:56 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket screen

Guys,
For those of you that have them what do you recommend as a decent after market screen in order to get the wind up over me. The stocker serves no purpose there as we know. I was looking at an MRA or one of the Eagles screens they make here. I'm willing to pay reasonable money without being ripped off. I'd appreciate any opinions/suggestions. Cheers.

Old 08-24-2010, 02:41 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got an Eaglescreens 'windlip' one on mine. I still get some turbulence and am not by any means in a calm pocket of air. I'm 6'1" btw. However, it's a great improvement on the standard one, the fit was perfect as is the construction quality and the service was prompt and no fuss.

The MRA touring screen looks good to me as it might get a bit more air over your head.

Old 08-24-2010, 08:37 AM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bordo the MRA on my 90 is great at getting the flow off your chest and over your head ...... perfect fit and good quality for the Mark 2 1000F's

Old 08-24-2010, 09:58 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Sprock
Bordo the MRA on my 90 is great at getting the flow off your chest and over your head ...... perfect fit and good quality for the Mark 2 1000F's
Drop your head 1 inch and a 6' man is covered - I found the std screen way too low, the black touring screen makes a HUGE difference.

Old 08-24-2010, 03:41 PM
Banned

Thanks guys. Think I'll go for the MRA touring screen. I can get one landed at my front door out of the USA cheaper than I can buy it here without the postage added. Looks like a trip to TwistedThrottle.com

Old 08-24-2010, 05:34 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been thinking about getting a different screen, too. Every year I tell myself that, but they're pretty expensive and the stock one has been working ok for me. I guess the wind just doesn't bother me enough? Maybe if I had something different, I'd see what I was missing.

Looks like a trip to TwistedThrottle.com
Yeah, I've bought a few things from them for the KLR. Gotta love them german motech crash bars. They have a bunch of cool stuff and I haven't had any issues with the service yet.

Old 08-24-2010, 09:31 PM

The stock screen always sent the wind right at my neck and it went under my helmet. I put on a Zero Gravity Sport/Touring screen. Same shape as stock, but 4 inches taller. Now the wind hits the top of my helmet and is much better, especially when it's cold. I think Honda did a lot of wind-tunnel testing on the shape and cut-outs, so a screen with an upper lip may not work well.

Old 08-24-2010, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
I

Yeah, I've bought a few things from them for the KLR. Gotta love them german motech crash bars. They have a bunch of cool stuff and I haven't had any issues with the service yet.

I've been to their place and they had no issues with giving me a tour of the place and showing me their product development area. They even had a cherry 93 1kF with about 6k miles. I asked what it was for an they said an employee bought it with some title issue. Nothing going to be designed for it.

Old 08-24-2010, 10:34 PM
Banned

Thanks for that Slowpoke !!!! I might get one of those as they are cheaper than the MRA and still look great. But as usual the dealers in this country want to charge me $192 AUD shipped tom my door. Man I am sick of being ripped off in this country. It will be far cheaper for me to get one from the states direct to my door. In dont know how any motorcycle accessories place here makes any money. They don't get mine anyway.

Last edited by Bordo; 08-24-2010 at 10:40 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the MRA Vari-Tour on my '94. I'm 6' and the screen puts the air over me ok. If I had it to do over again I would just get the regular tour screen as I don't use the pop-up adjustable extension. When it is up it puts a rumble/noise right in your face. The angle is to steep perhaps and make for turbulance. They are good quality, well fitting screens.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket screen