Alternative Parts What fits where, what else will fit, resources + bike manuals

Genmar Risers

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 02:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Genmar Risers

There might be better or cheaper places to buy these, but I put them on my bike in about 5 minutes, and I'm no mechanic.

If you want your bars up and back just a tad (3/4") you can feel the difference but you'll immediately forget you put them on because they look so factory. Plus, you don't have to change any cables or hoses.

I was worried it would be a waste but it wasn't.

I understand you can buy VFR factory bars and put them on for a much higher lift. But they don't look the same at all.

http://www.cyclesolutions.net/index....1&item=GM-H113

Old 09-23-2009, 09:53 AM

Others should keep in mind that you can get the same effect, before shelling out the $100 or so, by simply raising your bars on the fork tubes by 3'4" and riding around like that to see if the rise is enough to justify the expense. I did this when I first got my bike, with no problems. Ultimately, the rise wasn't enough for me so I passed on the GenMars. I finally found a used pair of Telefix Profi adjustable bars on ebay for about the same price of new GenMars, and I love them. I'm running about a 4" rise over stock at the bar ends, using the stock cables, and this takes all the weight off my wrists while riding.

Old 10-03-2009, 10:06 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

JHouse, If you start to hear a clinking sound up front and you can't chase the noise down, pull those cursed chrome dust covers out of the GenMar risers and make them fit tighter.

They drove me nuts finding the noise. They only do it over bumps. I would beat on the bike with a rubber mallet and nothing would clink. As soon as I would go down the road, those damn things would clink on the smallest of bumps. Good-lord they drove me nuts finding the noise source. It echos off the wind screen only when riding.

Last edited by TimBucTwo; 10-03-2009 at 10:26 PM.
Old 10-04-2009, 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by TimBucTwo
JHouse, If you start to hear a clinking sound up front and you can't chase the noise down, pull those cursed chrome dust covers out of the GenMar risers and make them fit tighter.

They drove me nuts finding the noise. They only do it over bumps. I would beat on the bike with a rubber mallet and nothing would clink. As soon as I would go down the road, those damn things would clink on the smallest of bumps. Good-lord they drove me nuts finding the noise source. It echos off the wind screen only when riding.

Thanks, That's a good tip for everyone who has them. We are really limited in the risers that we can get. My son's 90 has the VFR bars and they work great, with more rise, but they look a lot different, and some might not like them.

Old 10-06-2009, 08:37 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have these... and I like 'em.

Old 06-05-2010, 12:51 PM

As an alternitive to the Genmar risers, there are also VFR bars so they have all the dimples in the right place to make the controls stable and properly located. I just took them off my son's 90 CBR100F. They have a low to no gloss black finish. By my rough measurements, they raise the height about 2" and they pull back about 1", so the combination of the two movements is significant. I thing the Genmars only raise it 3/4" with no pull back. The pull back on these bars is caused by the handles projecting out from the center of the downtubes rather than off the front side of them like the stock handlebars do.

Last edited by JHouse; 02-06-2011 at 10:06 PM.
Old 06-05-2010, 01:57 PM

Must get pair of those VFR ones asap

Old 11-05-2010, 05:27 PM
Default Genmar risers

Thanks for the info on the risers. Do you have any pictures with them on your bike?

Old 11-14-2010, 06:45 PM
Banned

I have Genmars on my Blackbird and they are great. As both bikes are so similar I will probably get some for the 1000F to. I am trying to source some VFR bars first though. Both will cost me around the same it seems so that isnt an issue. Will keep digging around fleabay and see what I can find.

Old 11-19-2010, 06:18 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bordo mate, pm'd ya with VFR Bars info avail' with worldwide shipping

Last edited by Sprock; 11-19-2010 at 06:21 PM.

Quick Reply: Genmar Risers