Aftermarket Discuss aftermarket upgrades to your CBR here.

Dan Moto Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 12:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't recommend this exhaust if you don't want to do some tinkering and light fabrication to make it fit right. If you're fine going to the store to replace junk parts and modifying it to make it fit right, then by all means send the Paypal money over

I couldn't stand how mine currently was sitting at an angle (see CityBoyRacer's pictures above) so I removed it and took it to my buddies exhaust shop. We modified the mid-pipe so the muffler could clear the swing arm without turning the can. I also installed a copper gasket and used a muffler clamp off of a car to hold it together.

I'll try to post some pictures this weekend. It came out looking pretty good and it sounds amazing.

I never received any sort of correspondence back from Dan Moto by the way. The price was worth it for the can itself in my opinion so I'm not too disappointed... I'd be more pissed if I didn't have the means to fix it and I had to live with a crooked exhaust that was bashing up my swing arm.

All in all: You get what you pay for.

Old 09-30-2011, 08:37 AM

I gotta say I agree with gtmotor about the having to tinker with it a bit, but you are buying a $150 dollar new exhaust from china. So some of that is to be expected.

I had to replace the bottom clamp because I broke it over-tightening somewhat my fault, but still felt it was a bit cheap). The springs were too short be fitted and it took some serious power to get them on there.

I think gtmotor's spring tried to ninja chop his eye off.

both are cheap fixes... though I agree you shouldn't have to replace them, they should just work, but for $150...

And i like the tilted exhaust. I mean is was a matter of necessity because of the clearance, but it jutted out too far off the bike when installed straight. The more I tilted it, the closer it hugged the bike, yet the more it cleared the bike.. weird.

It sounds insane, the engine braking sound is what I missed as a rider when I had the stock exhaust on. The bike is quicker and a lot more fun (K&N air filter was also installed along with the DanMoto Exhaust)

On a budget it's totally freakin worth it. And I'm a realist, I know for the price I may have to deal with some crappy construction, but I had read good reviews, and now I see where they were coming from.

Hope all that helped

Old 10-02-2011, 11:23 AM

I think I may give it a try. My buddy works at an exhaust shop, so getting it to fit shouldn't be that big of deal. For the price, I just don't have hundreds to drop on a new exhaust right now.

Old 10-14-2011, 03:35 PM

Got mine in the other day. I didnt use their midpipe so I cant comment on that but the can has pretty decent construction for the price and sounds great on my f4.

Old 02-19-2012, 11:12 PM

I have a Danmoto slip-on exhaust on my 03 600rr, here's a link to a video of how is sounds:

2003 Honda CBR600RR with new Danmoto Carbon GP Slip-On - YouTube

Overall I'm extremely happy with it, sounds great, good quality construction, cant really beat it for the price

Old 07-13-2012, 10:36 AM

i had one on my cbr f4 sounded good looked good and wasnt too much money....im sure it didnt do much for power gains but deff a good buy

Old 07-17-2012, 06:44 PM

Help me out guys. Im buying one of these Jisu ones... but should i get the black/carbon or the silver!?!? my bike is silver/black 03 f4i

Old 07-25-2012, 02:36 PM

i would go with silver. thats what ive got. its not a shiney silver, but more of a rough cast look to it. and the black/carbon one is known to fade. but its a great looking/sounding paint can for the price!

Old 03-22-2013, 09:56 AM

Hi guys, i know it is abit of an old thread but how are people getting on with their danmoto exhausts?

I just got the GP carbon one, for my CBR600fx (1999 f4 in US) and tried to fit it to my bike today but have had a few issues.

The clamp snapped which is no big deal really, my main problem is that to get it to fix to the rear footpeg mounting had to really push the can towards it so there is a lot of stress on the exhaust where it connects to the exhaust headers which I am worried with damage or crack with heating and cooling cycles.

Has everyone elses been fitted like that and has it been ok? or did you fit a spacer to stop the stress in the connecting pipe?

any tips and advice would be great.

Thanks

Old 03-28-2013, 08:22 PM
Default I am getting one...

and I find it really outrageous that people will go along with buying a frikkin muffler for 3 or 4 hundred bucks! Everyone says something like..."Oh, you get what you pay for..." but thats a dang lie. If you buy one of the Gucci ones, you get a little more polished unit, but what a good nut and clamp costs an extra two hundred or more bucks?

The Big Boys in the bike pipe business, they outta be investigated for price fixing...Where is there that kinda money in a motorcycle exhaust?

Quick Reply: Dan Moto Exhaust