900 & + Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the older models, 900 and up.

900rr lights don't stay on. Help please

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 08:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 900rr lights don't stay on. Help please

A little background. I am installing a digital guard dawg on a 97 900rr and removing the key cylinder. I hooked it up according to their instructions but have no headlights, gauge lights or tail lights. The taillights and gauge lights lite up for a second while I press the starter button, but then immediately go out. All lights and relays checked and confirmed they were working before installing the digital guard dawg. One of the problems with their instructions was that is was generic honda wiring instructions so.

Ignition harness

Bike Digital guard dawg

red/black red/black

red red

red brown

blue/orange red/gray

A little background. I am installing a digital guard dawg on a 97 900rr and removing the key cylinder. I hooked it up according to their instructions but have no headlights, gauge lights or tail lights. The taillights and gauge lights lite up for a second while I press the starter button, but then immediately go out. All lights and relays checked and confirmed they were working before installing the digital guard dawg. One of the problems with their instructions was that is was generic honda wiring instructions so.

Ignition harness

Bike - Digital guard dawg

red/black - red/black

red - red

red - brown

blue/orange - red/gray

They reference a gray/blue wire which is supposed to be in the bike harness which is also supposed to be tied into the blue/orange, but I dont see it.

What I tried already

In harness 6p with bu/w, gr, o/w, w, lb/w, bl/br jumped blue/white to red/black, the lights stays on but the starter also stays on as well.

Is there a way to seperate the starter from the headlights on the blue/white wire.

Tried working this out for two days with the manual and wiring diagram but I am lost. Can someone please help

Old 05-16-2014, 06:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I figured it out just had a couple wires wrong

Old 05-16-2014, 07:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well done.

would be cool to see a video of it working on a 900RR.

Old 05-22-2014, 10:41 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

those things are like almost 500 bucks!!!
how well does it work?? i know you can buy multiple units and only have to use one remote key, which i thought was cool, but its a little bit rich for my blood.. although i wouldnt mind having one key for all my rides..