600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the older 600 models.

Undertail F2 exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 01:30 AM
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Undertail F2 exhaust

I was thinking it might be cool to custom make one. I could use some kind of heat wrap / shield to keep the heat away from the tail fairings and the seat. Opinions ?

Old 12-14-2009, 08:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i got an f2 also and ive been thinkin the same thing. im not worried bout the heat meltin my plastics because like you said u can just use some header wrap, but where exactly would you run it. There isnt much room especially on mine cuz im dropped 2 inches. The custom welds dont bother me cuz i can weld but we need to figure out where to run it so it doesn't look worse than the factory side mount.

Old 12-15-2009, 11:42 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I like the look of undertail exhausts. Yes, on many older bikes, the clearance is a problem. I've seen many guys use the narrrower race pipes to overcome that problem. Trouble is, if you get an irritable popo, he can write you up on this. This past summer at a popular mtn twisty gathering spot, the hwy patrol showed up & began writing up just about every bike for "fix-it" issues such as; no reflectors on rear, improper lic plate display angle, non-DOT turn signals, & race pipes, etc etc etc. But, if we never modified b/c of this ticket possibility, it would be a pretty boring motorcycle community out there! ;-)

Old 12-15-2009, 01:41 PM

yea i know wut you mean about the popo, me n a buddy who rides a tl1000 w/ drag pipes just rode around the block and got pulled over in my driveway for noise ordinance. i never see em pickin on tha harleys though

Old 12-16-2009, 12:35 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You got that right about the Harleys & other cruisers! :O I've got a Yoshi on my F4 that is louder but not that loud. When I get behind a cruiser w/ loud pipes - they're really loud! It all comes down to stereotyping & harassment.

Last edited by gotcbr; 12-16-2009 at 12:37 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 12-17-2009, 04:04 PM

yea my v&h is decently loud too but like you said nothin in comprison to them cruisers. my buddy w/ tha tl1000r will shoot you in tha face w/ loud raw exhaust if your to close behind him at the light.

Old 12-23-2009, 01:04 PM

Im currently streetfightering my F3 and have made a custom tail with underseat exhaust, ive got the end can mounted up fine and that but havnt got round to mounting up the pipeing yet, need to let it warm up a bit more first as its sheet ice out there at the moment lol, the only problem i can see with running the pipeing is the batterybox is in the way and is the only plastic bit of the original tail that still exists, i'll either have to go round it making it look ugly or move the battery all together wich would be a easy option but if i move the battery ill loose the only storage space i have under the front sadle as ther is no rear saddle its a solid tail unit which could fit a battery in it but it would be a B*tch trying to get in there and hook the battery up once the tails on.

Old 04-07-2011, 02:18 PM

i did a under tail on my f2 it looks ok in my opinion.

Old 04-07-2011, 02:19 PM
Old 04-07-2011, 02:20 PM

didnt have to move battery box and i did loose the storage under seat though

Quick Reply: Undertail F2 exhaust