600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the older 600 models.

project 600

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 01:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default project 600

So guys I want your input.its a 1987 cbr 600, i got it 4 months ago and I'm trying to modernize the body. Runs great but cosmetically it used to look like dump.
Your opinion is appreciated!

Attached Thumbnails project 600-cbr-600-1.jpg   project 600-3.jpg   project 600-project.jpg   project 600-project-front.jpg   project 600-cbr600.jpg  

Last edited by otello; 04-03-2009 at 08:53 AM.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:24 PM

get a new front end and side fairings and paint her flat black. the rear end is kinda neat looking.

Old 05-01-2009, 02:31 AM

WHAT THE HELL?! that looks beautiful. it looks like a damn gixxer. u are crazy good. i would lose the windscreen though. it makes it look like an oldy cruiser. unless you are old then it is okay so the wind wont chill your bones. your old bones

Old 05-01-2009, 06:46 AM
Question

hahahaha lol old? 31yrs old, is thaT OLD NOW DAYS?LOL
wHEN YOU SAY LOOSE THE WIND SCREEN MEANING, WHAT SHOULD I DO? i CAN CHANGE IT TO THE STOCK ONE MEANING NO DOUBLE BUBLE.OR CLEAR.... aNY IDEAS?

Old 05-01-2009, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by otello
hahahaha lol old? 31yrs old, is thaT OLD NOW DAYS?LOL
wHEN YOU SAY LOOSE THE WIND SCREEN MEANING, WHAT SHOULD I DO? i CAN CHANGE IT TO THE STOCK ONE MEANING NO DOUBLE BUBLE.OR CLEAR.... aNY IDEAS?
http://www.indysuperbike.com/custome....php?cat=33941

get those, they are REAL cheap in price but really good quality. Those are stock replacements from Lockhart Phillips. It will give your windshield a more low key look and racer look. Yeah get rid of the double bubble.

Also you got two choices smoke or dark smoke.

I got a smoke one and its a coming to me soon =P

Old 05-01-2009, 12:22 PM
Default kool!thanks

Thanks brother! I'll check that out. i never knew why such a hype about double bubble.
They even cost moe than the stock.
I'll post pics when I receive it. Thqanks for the info!

Old 05-01-2009, 06:23 PM

ill post the pics as well. I should be getting mine monday. buy quick cuz they only have a few left in stock

lockhart is better than zero grav, targa, and PUIG. 30% thicker than those cheap bastards who charge more than lockhart.

its gonna look beast. The stock screens are best I think because they do not stick out of the fairings but are almost flat. It does not protrude in out of the fairing.

so when you look at it from the side it looks like there is no screen. i love that.

what did you get sir? I got a smoke instead of dark so I can tuck in and see through the shield while imagining im a moto gp racer. ;-)
the dark smoke almost looks too black. if I were you id get smoke. cuz it accentuates the front fairing more and gives it a more defined look since more details stand out. The dark smoke is too dark, almost looks like a fairing instead of a windscreen, know what i mean?

btw your bike looks amazing. the bike looked totaled in the before pictures rofl
what do you do for a living?

i would kill for your tail fairings. cant wait to see more of your bike when your done. i will also show you mine when im done.

Last edited by jpanside@gmail.com; 05-01-2009 at 06:28 PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 07:10 AM
Wink

I also did order mine Smoke.Its too hard to see with the DK smoke.i'm a lab tech for a plastic company, part time I work on turbo vehicle. I took my bike as a big *** project, I knew she had potential due to the fact that it has only 32000 miles on the engine. It wasn't quiet total but it look like a bus hit the front end. My next thing is to Jet the carbs along with new forks, there is nothing wrong with mine but I 'm dying to have 2003 forks on it and a fatter swing arm. Send me some pics of your ride!
Thanks for the complements!Ps no need to call me Sir bro!hahaha

Old 05-05-2009, 12:45 PM

otello, my brother from another mother,

DO NOT OPEN THE WINDSCREEN! DO NOT OPEN THE PACKAGE! IT will not fit on your CBR F3! I just got screwed by Lockhart. The windscreen is chit. IT will not fit on your bike so dont open it! call indysuperbikes.com and ask for a refund. they will give you full refund i believe since they claimed it would fit but it wont.

I am in the process of returning mine! Do not open it! I am so sorry! I am now getting a stock windscreen from Zero Gravity.

the Lockhart windscreen is too thick. it wont work. dont try unless you want to risk it.

GOOD LUCK!

Old 05-05-2009, 02:13 PM
Wink

DAMN! I WONDER IF I CAN CANCEL THE ORDER. OH WELL I GUESS IF I CAN'T CANCEL I'LL JUST SEND IT BACK. LESSON LEARNED. nO WORRIES IM STILL GOING TO GET ONE ONE DAY OR ANOTHER.HHAHAHA
SAFE RIDING BRO!

Quick Reply: project 600