600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the older 600 models.

No muffler

Old 08-31-2009, 04:46 PM
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default No muffler

My friend unbolted the factory muffler from his F4. Of course it sounds very loud and very awesome. He says it feels like the bike has a little more power, but does doing that actually improve the performance or does it lower the performance?

What about on my F2?

Old 08-31-2009, 09:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mines off my F2 rite now haha...defiantly less power mid range...does sound great though everyone looks as its screams by...but its only off cuz im cleaning my pipe...i dont want to ride it around much like that

Old 09-01-2009, 12:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, it actually lowers performance. Also it greatly increases the odds of you burning up your valves.

Also, your neighbors will hate you.

Old 09-01-2009, 06:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by chuckbear
Also it greatly increases the odds of you burning up your valves.

Interesting. Do you know why? Can you explain?

Old 09-02-2009, 07:54 AM

if you open up one end you need to open up the other. if you dont you run the chance of hurting the internal of the motor with inproper fuel mixture. and a engine you want to last more than couple hundred miles need backpressure. not alot but a little. it helps with the fuel mixtue and the combustion.

Old 10-03-2009, 03:42 PM

i could be wrong here, but my dads worked on engines longer than ive been alive, and he was saying my engine seemed to like the loss of back pressure, i mean my muffler is still on, but i took out the baffle and packing, i kept them around for inspection but mine seemed to like it,so its not like crazy loud.

or is this like a no muffler at all kind of thing?

Old 10-27-2009, 09:46 PM
Banned

yea , im talking no muffler at all

Old 10-28-2009, 12:38 AM

just seems it. Put it on a dyno b4 n after n you will see how much loss it is n where. Personally I dont like the sound, but it may have been from seeing so many ithinkambadassrossi non-riders blast WOT down the straights and then about fall over themselves trying to get stopped for a turn.

You want to hear badass, try this on for size...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvUZ5...eature=related

Old 10-28-2009, 01:02 PM

bloody hell that sounded like a nascar motor, that was pretty sick,

yea, i hear ya it does sound obnoxious with no pipe at all, when i emptied my muffler all it did was deepen the tone a little, not too much louder, so maybe with mine it lost some back pressure but not all, and the time i did run mine with the head pipe alone, it did seem a little lame, but with full pipe and muffler, with no baffle, it was happy and just deepened the exhaust note, plus now i get truckloads of compliments on how good it sounds,

but yea as far as the rossi wannabes......people always ask me, how is it you think you can beat newer bikes? well theres your answer, as theyre tryin to figure out how not to dump it, im already in the zone knowing what what i gotta do with my cane, not that theres alot to know with her, her handling is easy to figure out, with a lil natural skill, its a great bike as long as you keep your head on

Old 10-28-2009, 02:07 PM

yeah, for around $70k it should sound badass eh? lol
Originally Posted by hurricane_cbr87
bloody hell that sounded like a nascar motor, that was pretty sick,

yea, i hear ya it does sound obnoxious with no pipe at all, when i emptied my muffler all it did was deepen the tone a little, not too much louder, so maybe with mine it lost some back pressure but not all, and the time i did run mine with the head pipe alone, it did seem a little lame, but with full pipe and muffler, with no baffle, it was happy and just deepened the exhaust note, plus now i get truckloads of compliments on how good it sounds,

but yea as far as the rossi wannabes......people always ask me, how is it you think you can beat newer bikes? well theres your answer, as theyre tryin to figure out how not to dump it, im already in the zone knowing what what i gotta do with my cane, not that theres alot to know with her, her handling is easy to figure out, with a lil natural skill, its a great bike as long as you keep your head on

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: No muffler