600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the older 600 models.

Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 10:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help

So, I bought some flush mount LED front side markers today (kind of knocked off the stock one pulling out of the garage...ooops). It was your standard 2 wire to 3 wire set up in which silly me thought it would be a good idea to run the running light and the flasher on the same wire without using a converter. I had the left side working beautifully, but once I grounded the right side they no longer worked.

At first I thought I blew a fuse, but I checked them and all were in tack. Than I realized my instrument gauge was dimming out and when I tried to turn over the bike, I got the dreaded clicking sound. So, I killed my battery, it happens.

But, here's the part that I don't understand. All my lights work, except for my rear turn signals. No flashing, no running lights, nothing. Obviously, the front do not work either, so I disconnected them until I can figure out what's going on.

I've searched though this forum to see if anyone had the same problem, but to no avail. If any one has an idea, or know's of a thread that can help me out. PLEASE let me know. Thanks.