600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the older 600 models.

Aftermarket rearsets to increase leg room

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 01:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket rearsets to increase leg room

Does anyone know of an adjustable rearset that will allow the foot pegs to move down and/or forward compared to the stock position?

I have a '99 600 F4 and due to worsening arthritis, I can no longer bend my right knee enough to comfortably place the ball of my foot on the right peg or operate the rear brake.

I don't need much more room, an extra 1/2 inch would make a difference.

Old 08-10-2010, 01:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

most aftermarket rearsets adjust just the opposite than what you are wanting. They are brackets made to set the stock rearsets back n up about 1". I guess you could use those to lower em, but I dont think you're gonna get the fwd part done. I think its just time for you to move to a more touring aimed bike like the VFR

Old 08-10-2010, 09:07 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry about your arthritis. However, I wouldn't ever recommend lowering the peg position from stock...not on a sportbike. Perhaps a neoprene knee wrap/brace would be a better idea.

Old 08-11-2010, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod
I think its just time for you to move to a more touring aimed bike like the VFR
Let's call that "Plan B"

There must be something out there with such a large adjustment range that it over-laps a little with the stock position. Or something that could be customized by drilling additional holes. Or something with a non-collapsable foot peg that would allow the peg to be offset with a simple bracket. Or a shop that builds customs rearsets.

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction so I don't have to do a bunch of experiments at $300 a pop.

Old 08-11-2010, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by gotcbr
Sorry about your arthritis. However, I wouldn't ever recommend lowering the peg position from stock...not on a sportbike. Perhaps a neoprene knee wrap/brace would be a better idea.
I know where you are coming from, but I'm already giving up some cornerning clearance. I'm sitting with my heal on the footpeg and my toe underneath the rear brake pedal, so my toe touches down first if I'm not careful.

Old 08-12-2010, 08:26 AM

Not much interest in this topic, but just in case someone else can benefit, here is a potential solution I'm going to try. They are from Cycle Pirates and replace just the footpegs with a bracket that can rotate 360 degrees, allowing the peg to be moved backwards and upwards or forward and downward. CP also has adjustable length brake pedals, but not for the F4.

Attached Thumbnails Aftermarket rearsets to increase leg room-cycle-pirates-footpeg.jpg  
Old 08-12-2010, 11:06 AM

Hope they work for you. Just be mindful of your reduced clearance.

Old 08-12-2010, 11:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by glensidegates
Not much interest in this topic, but just in case someone else can benefit, here is a potential solution I'm going to try. They are from Cycle Pirates and replace just the footpegs with a bracket that can rotate 360 degrees, allowing the peg to be moved backwards and upwards or forward and downward. CP also has adjustable length brake pedals, but not for the F4.
They are fixed are they? if so that might cause a issue if you ever scrub em

Old 08-13-2010, 08:26 AM

Actually, they fold. Here's a better picture of the mounting hardware.

Attached Thumbnails Aftermarket rearsets to increase leg room-cp-mounts.jpg  
Old 09-05-2010, 12:53 PM

So, how did these work out for you? Got pics & feedback on them?

Quick Reply: Aftermarket rearsets to increase leg room