1000F Videos Post up your 1000F related vids here ...

Knock Knock...

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 02:34 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Classic,
I've got a 22/250 that will take care of those roos mate.......

Old 04-26-2010, 05:00 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CBRclassic
Barnesy, if I even said that to Kerri , it would be me on the end of a 22/250

We are apparently trying to go green , and blend in , not black and blow them away ...LOL.... but yer , Roo steaks for a mth sounds ok to me mate ...

No way Keri will blow ya away yet Steve ....... not until ya get all those
projects and the veranda etc built first ...... and that means you are safe for the moment at least..........

Can ya really eat Roo's ? ..... hmm

Old 04-27-2010, 04:07 AM
Banned

Ya can Sprock, but I've heard its a very gamey meat. Havent tasted it myself but will one day to find out for myself. You can go to any decent restaurant here and get a Kangaroo steak without to much drama. We have kangaroo meat pies as well.....lol

Old 04-28-2010, 04:00 PM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013

Wish I had kangaroo in my engine. It'd be much ****ing easier to get rid of than what ever the fvucking else is going on in there. At least is still going strong. Just clocked up 64K miles today.
And I'm not going to get involved in this conversation about steaks and pies. I'm vegitarian and bloody glad of it.

Old 04-30-2010, 07:16 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm vegitarian and bloody glad of it.
I'm disappointed in you, Henry....

Now watch this (courtesy of fubbzie)......LOL..:
http://www.swinetastesfine.com/

Old 05-09-2010, 05:50 PM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013

A quick update and getting back to the point.
I thought I'd spend a couple of hours today taking a closer look under the rocker cover to see if I'd missed anything obvious or not so obvious which could be causing this damned ticking I have to put up with every day.

I even dressed for the part..... false moustache, monocle, little grey berét, cane and exquisite leather shoes. As I removed the tank I whispered to the bike in my best Belgian accent reassuring it I was going to play fair until the real interrogation began.
Once the rocker cover was off though I got down to the real business. Surgical gloves on and no stone unturned (metaphorically of course). I began by checking all the valve clearances which I did only 3000 miles ago. All good but a couple I tweaked to absolute perfection. While doing this I noticed something which made my beautifully quaffed hair stand on end......

Name:  P1040855.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  133.8 KB

Name:  P1040856.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  193.0 KB

The bolt holding the rocker spring plate was loose to the point where it unscrewed in two turns. EEEEK!!!!!
Had I found the mystery of the tapping noise?

Not wishing to rush to conclusions I torqued every bolt exposed. Nothing else loose. I examined all the spring tips where they touch the rockers. All seems good though there did seem to be inconsistency in the amount of pressure that some were excerting but nothing bent, damaged or oviously failing.
Got it all back together, did a few other jobs, check fluids and then fired her up.
I refused to get my hopes up that that loose bolt was the culprit but couldn't help thinking that it was a bloody good contender.
She fired up........ tap, tap, tap..........bollocks!
So I'm no nearer finding the cause.

Went out for a quick 40 mile spin. Stood for a while on a windy shore line contemplating my next move over a cigarette and headed home, very swiftly. At 130 who cares if there's a silly little noise at low revs?
Got back home, my heart pumping..... lips unable to suppres my smile.

Next time... I'm going to nail this sucker if it kills me.

Here Dylan... this is for you

Old 05-09-2010, 07:25 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, I suppose it's still good that you found that loose bolt. It coulda been bad if it worked itself the whole way out.
Just sucks it didn't solve your ticking issue, though. (or any of the others...)

Here Dylan... this is for you
I can sense your hostility, Henry, so I shall offer you a token of peace....
A tofu turkey....

Quick Reply: Knock Knock...